Monday, January 23

That's messed up!

I seriously have obsessive compulsive disorder! I was watching Dr. Phil last week and his guest had extreme cases of OCD. I believe that I have a form of OCD were I count everything.

While I'm walking I count. I try to get two steps in between each crack in the sidewalk and if I don't then I feel weird like I need to redo it.

While I'm driving I count the cracks in the road, I count cars, pedestrians, mailboxes, and I even take the numbers on mailboxes and add them together to see if it is even or odd and if it is odd it is "bad".

When at school or work I write notes over and over until my hand writing is perfect and all the letters are the same size and spacing. Recently I have started to type my notes out so I don't use so much paper. At work when taking a phone message I can write it and re-write it three to four times. So far in my checking book I have ripped out three pages because the transactions were out of order and my handwriting was bad.

Throughout my day I count and count and count. I count stairs, patterns, and other totally random objects. I like even numbers and multiples of three.

I'm probably being a hypochondriac but this is my life and what goes on inside my head.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you. Don't worry. Remember when you where upset about not being able to remember stuff? Or when you thought you were developing some kind of stutter? "I can't talk anymore" I think you just worry too much. Or we are all OCD. I'm not listing my obsessions.