Wednesday, July 14

Feeling alone...Yet never alone

I live in the basement. Tonight it is very quiet and cold. Some nights there are people watching t.v. and being very loud, but tonight I hear nothing. Most of the time I am down here alone. I know silence, but these last two nights I have heard a grasshopper in my window. At first I was very annoyed by the chirping, then it grew on me and now I like the company. Many nights as I lay in my bed awake the only thing I hear is my mom's t.v. and the occasional pop of her old chair as she gets up to go to bed. I once was annoyed by the loudness of the t.v. now I like the reassuring feeling.

Sarah and I found a new concert to go to. It sounds very exciting although I must admit that I have never heard any of these bands. It is in Cincinnati at a club called The Underground. When I first heard this name I thought I might not want to go, but then I found a website on it and it is very nice. It's a Christian club and best of all it has a smoothie bar in it. Yummy...

Tonight at work a very rude lady came through my line. She asked if she could write her check $40 over the total. I told her no that we can only except checks that are $20 over the total. She got very angry and started telling me (very loudly and meanly) that it use to be $50 and that I didn't know what I was talking about. For her sake I asked my manager and she told the lady the same thing. The lady was still very upset, but she wrote her check $20 over. The whole time she was mumbling to herself " I shouldn't have asked, why did I bother to come here, if I would have just written the check and handed it to you then you would'nt have said one word about it". At this point I was feeling this burning in my sinuses, the burning you get when you hold back tears for a long time. I handed the lady her money and receipt and told her to have a good night. She rudely said "I was having a great night until I had to come here". My whole opinion on this subject is that if you are a 40 year old grown adult and you want to yell at a 17 year old about something they have no control over then this makes you an incumbent.

I'm upset right now because I just realized that the Y doesn't always work when I'm typing. This makes me mad because I've only had this keyboard for a month and it should work perfectly. Is that to much to ask? On the other hand a human built it and no one is perfect.

Well I'm getting tired. Good night!

No comments: