Thursday, March 24

"You've got it so Flaunt it"

I'm sure everyone has delt with this kind of person! I have a friend named Misty. Misty is one of those people that always want you to do stuff and you really don't want to. She is very outspoken and talks to everyone, and most of the time she ends up embarrassing me.

When we where still in High School I went with her to met this guy she had met on the internet. I didn't want to go but she could always talk me into anything. we were suppose to meet this guy at the mall. When we got there I was so scared, she had never met this person and whose to say that he isn't a psycho killer, she finally found him and he wanted us to get in his car and go get something to eat. Not thinking I did, but as soon as I got in the car and we started moving I thought oh my god what if he is a killer, a rapist, I knew I should have listened to my mom..."Never get into cars with strangers!", but I didn't. I finally had the nerve to tell him that I needed to go back to my car, because my mom wanted me to pick up my brother at a friends. We where allready out of the mall parking lot and on our way to a resturant and he kept asking me if I was sure I needed to go. At this point I'm very scared and I looked Misty in the eyes and told her that I needed to go back to my car! He finally turned around and took us back to my car. When we got out and he left I started to get so angry at her. How could I let someone, a friend, make dicisions for me? I never realized how weak I was until that day when I fell to peer pressure. I told Misty never to talk to that guy again especially alone. I never really knew if he was good or bad but I just had a feeling and people always say trust your gut.

There was this other time that I went with her to meet this guy she had met on the internet. She had already met him once and they where going to go out, so I figured that it would be ok to go with her, and Misty can talk me into anything. Seth lives in Middletown, so we drove to his house and when we got there he wasn't that bad looking. He led us to his room, which was full of guitar equipment, and we all sat on his bed and talked for a while. After talking he turned the tv on and we started watching The Simpsons (well I was). The room was really quite and I had moved to the floor infront of the bed, Misty and Seth stayed on the bed and they where out of my sight. While watching tv I saw the reflection of them, they where making out and he was fondling her breast. I was very uncomfortable ( I also made a mental note to not look back, eww) After sitting there for a few more minutes I noticed that they where writing things on each others hands. Sexual notes or not I wanted to leave I felt like a third wheel. we finally left, but not soon enough.

During High School I can say that Misty was a bit wild, but she has now settled down and is a lot more fun to be around.

Well I'm off to go see Misty( and hopefully we wont be abducted by a strange Indian man that smokes)

No comments: