Thursday, August 18

Walking in my Shoes

I'm going to tell you about an event. And I'm going to tell it from my perspective.

I had just finished eating supper, so I decided to go to my room and check my mail. As I was walking down the stairs I heard the t.v. blasting and my brother yelling; he was playing video games. The closer I got to the last step the more I smelt bleach; I questioned this slightly but since I had used bleach the night before I waived it off. But I did start to become very nervous because I didn't lock my bedroom door.

As I rounded the corner into the living room I noticed that my brother had friends over and that they were acting very smug. At this point I also noticed the smell of a burnt match. I instantly knew they had been in my room because I had Lit a candle.

I walked to my room and I noticed the bleach smell becoming stronger and stronger. My heart dropped. After confirming the candle being blown out I looked more closely around. I looked over at my t.v. it had been sprayed with bleach ( heart pounding, panicking, and veins filled with adrenaline I turned to search my whole room) ... My plants ... My mirror ... My bed ... My clothes on the bed ... My COMPUTER ... My desk ... And all the things that were on the desk had been sprayed with bleach.

I ran past my brother (doing quite well not to kill him) and went to get my mother. As I ran up the stairs I couldn't help but start crying. I reached my mother. I was hoping that my mother like most "normal" mothers would help me seek my vengeance, but I was wrong. As I told her what happened she didn't seem to interested and then she did the unthinkable, she turned the situation around and blamed me. "I can't ever sit down, relax, and eat my supper can I?"......... "You should have locked your door". This made my so so so mad. I lost my temper and said "If you don't do anything about this then I WILL". She sat there and stared at the t.v.

I went back down stairs to confront my brother.
"Why did you do it?"
"Do what?"
"You know what you did, WHY?"
"You used my matches to light your candle and I only had three left."
"OMG!"

This is about the time I heard my mothers feet banging towards the basement door. She came to see my room and while looking around, murmuring to herself, she said, "get a washcloth and was it with some soap and hot water." And then left. No punishment was given.

Everything I own is now sprayed an ugly shade of white.

I have decided to seek my own vengeance. I'm going to write a letter to my mother explaining myself and also tell her all of Ben's horrible secrets. The only thing that can ruin this is if she still does nothing to him... Which seems very likely, so along with my letter I'm going to collect all the physical evidence that my brother discards in the corn growing behind our house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Words cannot accurately describe the horror I am feeling at this very moment.

Ash said...

Me either!